NatureWize Assistant Internships (Unpaid)
NatureWize Executive Director Position
Open till Filled, Guiyang, Guizhou
NatureWize is a nature conservation and education non-profit organization, the first of its kind in China’s southwest province Guizhou. We are looking for positive and energetic leader to ensure the success of NatureWize in achieving its mission as well as to increase the capacity and outreach of the organization. Major duties will be to supervise ongoing programs and staff, and lead organizational strategic planning and fundraising, including strengthening the NatureWize networks and partners and proposal writing.
Key responsibilities include:
· Execute NatureWize’s mission to provide information and nature education and service programs, as well as to nurture new or expanded nature areas for reconnecting youth and their families to healthy, joyful play in nature, now and for future generations.
· Together with President of NatureWize, develop a 3-year Organization Strategic Plan and supporting activities based on a refinement of its current NatureWize mission, objectives and activities, its current capacity, and anticipated developments for the following two years.
· Develop 3 year fundraising plan consistent with Organizational Strategic 3-Year Plan.
· Develop materials and methods for cultivating current and future Partners and network.
· Regularly update database and check grant opportunities lists for accuracy and upcoming opportunities.
·Write proposals or letters of inquiry for grant opportunities.
·Supervise, including providing mentorship and expertise, NatureWize staff responsible for current programs, including ensuring consistent reporting of current programs.
·Develop and Manage staff according to policies in NatureWize Employee Manual.
·Maintain satisfactory organizational financial records to report to the Board.
·Ensure organizational informational outreach mechanisms are up to date and relevant to our mission, even contributing whenever possible your own insights through the Blog, Photos, or other mechanisms.
The ideal candidate for this position is outgoing and enthusiastic about working with people, has excellent communication (English and Chinese preferred but not a pre-requisite) and problem solving skills and most importantly, a passion for protecting natural resources and high quality of life for future generations. Specific background requirements requested include:
· 1-2 years experience with nonprofit entity and/or Higher Education in Nonprofit Management, Environmental Management or Education
· Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in nonprofit fundraising or proposal writing
· Familiarity with new trends in donor prospecting and retention, including using social media, especially those popularly used in China, or those that may be introduced successfully to China
· Skilled at outreach and fundraising messaging
· Ability to prioritize and follow through effectively
· Ability to multi-task and manage short- and long-term project deadlines
· Very capable using computers and databases
· Good and friendly communication skills (Chinese or English, or bilingual a plus), both on the phone, e-communications and in person
· Desire to work in a team-oriented atmosphere
Special Job Requirements and Physical Demands:
This will be based in China’s southwest Guizhou province. If coming from outside China or Guizhou Province, the candidate must be able to provide own transportation to Guiyang, take care of all necessary visa requirements, and is willing to adjust to different cultural and environmental situations. Flexible work hours; some evening and weekend hours may occur.
Compensation will be based on competitive rates and based on experience.
Email the following (with the subject line “Executive Director”) to firstname.lastname@example.org, Boni Jiang, President:
· Two references
· Cover letter, which should include the following:
--Your personal understanding of the importance of leading a nonprofit nature education and conservation organization in China
--How your background prepares you to successfully build the capacity of NatureWize to pursue its mission
Deadline for submission: Open until filled
To learn more about NatureWize, visit us here: www.naturewize.org.